Over the past few months I have been bombarded with Ovation Hair commercials on my local radio stations, and because I am SERIOUSLY unhappy with my hair I decided I would try it. It wasn’t on a whim. I talked to my friends about it; I talked to my mom about it. I read forums and blogs; and checked out their website. After all that I was convinced to buy the gift pack.
I will say I saw some negative reviews, but they didn’t really deter me from trying it. From what I understand It’s not for curing medical conditions or hereditary baldness. Although, their ad is a bit … ummm… EXTRA. Also, from the reading the website I have concluded that it is fine to continue to use whatever products it is that you currently use. Ovation would only be replacing your shampoo and conditioner. So, I have 2 hair treatments that I started on before the ovation arrived.
Although Dr. Miracle’s Website and commercials are a MESS. It has been useful. Whenever I use it my hair is more manageable. I usually use it after I get my hair trimmed. There are several CON’s to this product.. including the menthol. It makes this mess called hair manageable.
2. I just started an awesome home made mixture.
It consists of Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Carrot Oil, Castor Oil (The real kind.. it’s thick and smells) Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil and Cocoa Butter. My hair is way softer and I have seen growth in not only my hair, but my nails. ( My 2011 Hair care mantra is ” If I wouldn’t let it sit on my skin I won’t put it in my hair”)
So, Tuesday of this week I FINALLY got my EXPENSIVE Ovation Hair Care system in the mail. I decided that I was going to use it that very moment!
It smells very good! ( as most hair products do) The cell therapy and the creme rinse are both very rich. The bottle has instructions on it, but as we all know, instructions on shampoo bottles and conditioner bottles are just there to tell you how to effectively waste the product.
From the testimonials and what I have read online, you should use cell therapy as a deep conditioner. I mixed a bit in a bottle with purified water and I’m using it as a leave in spray ( that way I can use some daily without wasting my money.)
My average starting length is 3.5 inches. My edges, my bangs and the middle of my head are my problem areas. that is where I see the most breakage. My hair is thin and can get quite dry. So it’s clear what i am looking for in using this product.
Over the next 6 to 7 weeks I will be using Ovation and taking pictures of my hair and at the end I guess we’ll see if there were any results.
Wish me luck!
P.S. the gift pack is a good buy if you dont frequently wash your hair. The Body scrub smell yummy too. However.. i don’t recommend using it on your whole body. Just your hands and feet.
- Happy to be Nappy (grownupforeal.wordpress.com)
- The Facts About Thinning Hair and Hair Growth (totalbeauty.com)
- Hair Care Tips for Healthy and Damaged Hair (nlm.nih.gov)
- Perfect Guide on How to Reduce Hair Loss Natural Way (maypalo.com)
- Coconut Oil Skincare – Just Coco (thechicecologist.com)
- Deep Conditioning: The Secret to Great Moisture and Gorgeous Natural Hair (urbanbellemag.com)
- Dry Hair, Here’s One For You (farhanahizani.wordpress.com)
- ARA: My hair and skin are dry (timesunion.com)
- By Request: One Year Ovation Hair Results (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- My Name is Stephanie and I’m a hair junkie (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Hair 2012 (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- Experimenting: Health Challenges (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- Ovation Cell Therapy: Don’t Fall for the Hype (thehairvolution.wordpress.com)
- Deep conditioning with Carrot Oil (naturalfantastic.wordpress.com)