Ovation Hair Therapy – A Journey
Over the past few months, I have been bombarded with Ovation Cell Therapy commercials on my local radio stations here in Atlanta. Since I am SERIOUSLY unhappy with my hair, I decided I would try it.
What is Ovation Hair Cell Therapy?
Before I get into it, I wanted to share what the product is. Cell therapy is essentially a keratin treatment for your hair. It works by strengthening your hair, resulting in thicker strands, stronger hair that is less prone to breakage, and therefore it is longer.
The company says that you will see results in as little as four weeks. They boast about a super high percentage of success with clients who use the full Hair Therapy line over four weeks.
Why Try Ovation Hair Cell Therapy
I can’t offer you a reason to dive in, but it wasn’t on a whim for me. I talked to my friends about it; I spoke to my mom about it. I read forums and blogs and even checked out their website. After all of that, I was convinced to buy the gift pack. I choose it because I did not have to commit to a whole bottle. I could try it out and see how my hair took to it.
I will say, I saw some negative reviews, but they didn’t deter me from trying it. From what I understand, It’s not for curing medical conditions or hereditary baldness. Although, their ad is a bit … Ummm… EXTRA.
Also, from reading the website, I have concluded that it is acceptable to continue using whatever products you currently use. Ovation would only be replacing your shampoo and conditioner.
What Hair products should you use with Cell Therapy?
I had a few products that I was using as I wanted to see tangible results with my hair. I was pretty focused on rapid hair growth because I was struggling to get my hair to grow. I was using the following products.
Although Dr. Miracle’s Website and commercials are a MESS, it has been helpful. Whenever I use it, my hair is more manageable. I usually use it after I get my hair trimmed. There are several CON’s to this product.. including the menthol.
- I just started an excellent homemade mixture.
It consists of Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Carrot Oil, Castor Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Cocoa Butter. My hair is way softer, and I have seen growth in not only my hair but my nails.
So, Tuesday of this week, I FINALLY got my EXPENSIVE Ovation Hair Care system in the mail. I decided that I was going to use it that very moment!
It smells delicious! ( as most hair products do) The cell therapy and the creme rinse are both very rich. The bottle has instructions on it. It was easy to use. The bottles themselves were beautiful. I was excited to use them.
From the testimonials and what I have read online, you should use cell therapy as a deep conditioner. I mixed a bit in a bottle with purified water because I am also using it as a leave-in spray.
My average starting length is 3.5 inches; my edges, my bangs, and the middle of my head are my problem areas. There was a lot of breakage and heat damage. My fine hair is thin and can get quite dry. So it’s clear that I am looking for repair and accelerated growth from using this product.
Over the next 6 to 7 weeks, I will be using Ovation and taking pictures of my hair, and at the end, I guess we’ll see if there were any results.
Wish me luck!
P.S. The Ovation Hair Cell Therapy gift pack is a good buy if you don’t frequently wash your hair. The Body scrub smells yummy too. However, I don’t recommend using it on your whole body—just your hands and feet, and maybe your knees.
- Happy to be Nappy (grownupforeal.wordpress.com)
- The Facts About Thinning Hair and Hair Growth (totalbeauty.com)
- Hair Care Tips for Healthy and Damaged Hair (nlm.nih.gov)
- Perfect Guide on How to Reduce Hair Loss Natural Way (maypalo.com)
- Coconut Oil Skincare – Just Coco (thechicecologist.com)
- Deep Conditioning: The Secret to Great Moisture and Gorgeous Natural Hair (urbanbellemag.com)
- Dry Hair, Here’s One For You (farhanahizani.wordpress.com)
- ARA: My hair and skin are dry (timesunion.com)
- By Request: One Year Ovation Hair Results (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- My Name is Stephanie and I’m a hair junkie (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Hair 2012 (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- Experimenting: Health Challenges (sassystephb.wordpress.com)
- Ovation Cell Therapy: Don’t Fall for the Hype (thehairvolution.wordpress.com)
- Deep conditioning with Carrot Oil (naturalfantastic.wordpress.com)